Other Organizations and Resources
- Fields of Gold is a regional agritourism initiative that seeks to promote the abundance of agricultural resources in the Shenandoah Valley.
- Friends of the North Fork
is a grassroots citizens’ group dedicated to protecting and enhancing
the purity, beauty, and natural flow of the North Fork of the Shenandoah
- Shenandoah Valley Battlefields Foundation is the nonprofit manager of the Shenandoah Valley Battlefields National Historic District, a congressionally-designated National Heritage Area. The Battlefields Foundation works with partners to preserve, interpret, and promote the Valley’s Civil War battlefields and related historic sites.
- Shenandoah Valley Buy Fresh, Buy Local
- Shenandoah Valley Network
is an organization linking community groups, from seven different
surrounding counties, working on land protection, land use and
transportation issues. The participating counties include: Frederick,
Warren, Shenandoah, Page, Rockingham, Augusta and Highland.
- Virginia Farm Bureau Federation is a non-governmental, non-partisan and member-based organization of farmers and rural families with more than 148,000 members. VAFB works to support its members through legislative lobbying, leadership programs, commodity associations, rural health programs, products, insurance, marketing and other services.
- Valley Conservation Council is a member-supported, private, nonprofit land trust dedicated to promoting land use that sustains the farms, forests, open spaces, and cultural heritage of the Shenandoah Valley region of Virginia.